Monday, December 17, 2012

Finals Week

For a few days I had myself convinced that I didn’t really want to study abroad anymore. I think it was a combination of being stressed out because of finals and the prospect of seeing my family and realizing just how much I’m going to miss them when I’m gone. I went to visit my Mom to talk it over with her, and I started crying about everything that I wasn’t happy with in my life. The best piece of advice she gave me was that if I don’t do it, I’ll regret it. She told me that she wished she had taken more opportunities in her life. My brother was right there along with my mom. He told me to do it because I might not get another chance. He told me not to worry about possibly missing his graduation ceremony. He even joked about coming to visit me in London instead of attending his own ceremony. I told him that he better book his ticket right away! 

So, even after visiting with my family for a day, I still wasn’t completely decided on whether or not to go to London. It’s been running through my mind all day, and frankly, these thoughts are getting in the way of me studying for my accounting final this evening. I guess I’m still not completely sure this was the brightest idea I ever had, but my best friend recently told me that I need to “put some more spontaneity back into my life”.  I’m thinking that I should just suck it up, ace these last few finals I have, spend some quality time with my family and friends, and then take a leap of faith! I fear the unknown, but at the same time I’m exhilarated by it. I’ll be back in no time at all. I really do need to change something, and if escaping from my daily routine is that change, then so be it! The time is flying by, so London, I hope you’re ready for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment