Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Only the Beginning

Exactly one month from today, I'll be flying solo half way around the world to study abroad in a little place we all call London, England. During my five month adventure, I promise to post plenty of pictures and write about all my near death experiences along the way. I'll be studying at the University of Westminster located right in the heart of London. From there, I plan to travel to various destinations throughout the city and beyond. Now, I realize there is still a month before the date I plan to leave, but I started this blog early for a reason. I'm a procrastinator. I tend to wait until the last minute to get anything done, and there is a lot to get done before I'm prepared to leave home for five months. I'm hoping the inclination to write about my adventures will keep me on track for take off. To be honest, I haven't even purchased my plane ticket yet. The closer January 4, 2013 comes, the more my plane ticket is going to cost. The problem is that I'm waiting to find out the earliest date I can leave at the end of the semester because I want to purchase a round trip ticket. My brother is graduating from high school on May 24th of next year which is the same date as the last day of my spring semester in London. I'm waiting to find out if I can leave on the 23rd of May in order to make it back to the states on time for his graduation ceremony. Once I know that, I can apply for a student visa as well as figure out how I'm going to get from the airport to the university. What I really should do is make a check list of all the absolutely necessary tasks I need to complete before my voyage, and then check them off as I go along. I'll also use this time to post any interesting articles, advice, quotes, or traveling tips that I find as I scour the internet for information. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment